Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Check this out.


This cart belongs to 'Women Environment Group', in Kupondol, my homeplace. They collect waste from houses in this cart, and we pay some monthly fee for the services.
This guy is on his way to dump the waste (guess where) in the banks of Bagmati. That is, about 25 meters from my house! When we found this out, we chained the cart to a nearby telephone pole, and the officials from that office came and burnt the waste, and took the cart away. seriously, what's wrong with people here?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Milan, my friend, let me be generous and take the effort to write down a comment for you even though you have hardly acknowledged my blog despited repeated cajoleries, pleas and then bribes.

I kid, I kid.

Consider this a 'cumulative' comment since this is the first time I've come across your blog. I enjoyed all the posts, especially the microbus one. And after reading about the waste management problems in your neighborhood, I have resolved to follow my neighborhood's waste collector and kick him in the gonads if I find him dumping the garbage into the Bagmati.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

*groan* despited = despite

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home