Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Valentine's Day

Juliet says, hey it’s Romeo.
You nearly gave me a heart attack.
He’s underneath the window,
She’s saying hey la my boyfriend’s back.
You shouldn’t come around here,
Singing up at people like that.
Anyway, what are you going to do about it…

-Romeo and Juliet, Dire Straits

This post was written on Feb 14th, 2007. I just had not blogged it. Here it is now- it's better late than an empty plate:

Dear all,

First of all, wish you a very pink (but non-commercial) and love-filled HAPPY VALENTINES. I do not see the point myself in wishing, but my internal rule is, wishing a love-filled day is not bad, as long as I do not buy something pink or heart-shaped. Also, I think I am going to shock Atul by wishing him- oh wait, he just sent me an HappyValentines email. Hmm. Is this poetic surprise?

The day is so gloomy and dark that when my alarm went off (no, I think I had received a call), I could not believe it was already 8:30am. The day in any case should have been spent staying under Sirak, sipping hot milk tea and watching non-romantic movies in HBO. I always see problems in timing of the moods, I wonder how. But as if to dispel my horror of realization that the day is going on too normally, Falguni, our cook, served coffee instead of tea- we never get coffee here. I mean, at least our heart will flutter with caffeine, isn't it?

Here's a philosophical question (strictly for musing only): why do you think mythologies denote love with arrows (Kaam dev, Cupid- I guess there are others). I mean, why arrows? Was love always irrational and painsweet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home