Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Qualms about our Palms

Daffy: Do you want your palms read?
Elmer: Well, yes!!
And Daffy smears Elmer's palms with red paint...

Do you believe in palmistry? Myself, I do not know what to make of it. It definitely is a farfetched correlation between the creases in your hands and the events in your life. But the thing is, I have heard many earnest-sounding testimonials.

Not only that- Somebody told me a girl could read hands. I showed it to her, and she told me a few past events that were not only true, but amazingly specific and accurate! For instance, she told me that I had studied abroad, which I had. That only jolted my attention awake to listen to her telling me what had life in store for me! I could not help not believing that.

Oh- My mother liked to tell me that when I was a kid, near a temple or something, a jyotishi guy offered my mother to 'see' me. He told her never to slap me! But when I asked her, she said she had to slap me many-a-times, because I was a menace. But then, looking from a perspective, maybe the Jyotishi foresaw that I would be a menace and that my mother will be losing a lot of patience, and he was telling her to 'be easy on her kid'. Makes sense??

So, yeah. I still cannot see how it is possible that our past and future are coded into those lines in our palms. And what intuition, what revelation prompted these Jyotishis to start interpreting them. If this all is really true, are we not wasting a lot of life in oblivion- revering science and reality as we see it? You find it out and let me know!

1 Comments:

Blogger zany said...

Hmm...

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home