Thursday, August 04, 2005

Pictures that I found: Karya Binayak

I was wondering what to post next in my blog, so I looked at the pics in my computer, and found a few interesting ones. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Karya Binayak is a great place. This temple is quite small despite the distance one needs to travel from the city of Kathmandu.

Quite Freaky:
This chicken had been offered (beheaded) to the temple, and left outside. It was flapping feebly, it had probably been left in that state for a while... this child was crouching in front of the chicken for a long time. I think she looked either stunned or amazed. Either of the two.


The row of flaming buttered wicks.


My best part of any hindu temple (I mean the place where they put the lit wicks). You can see people queueing in front of the temple door. The insides in such temples are always very cramped, dim-lit, full of offerings (flowers, rice grains, suspicious looking dark sticky patches), and the statues of the deities are almost always just barely seen. I seldom go inside :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home