Friday, October 28, 2005

Under the Blanket Covers

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth.
Without looking out of my window, I can know the ways of Heaven.
The further one travels, the less one knows. The less one really knows.
-The Inner Light, The Beatles

Lennon's malaise crooning can as well be my anthem. You know, now that the shivery season is here, we begin to appreciate the warmth in blankets. So if I have time, I just bask under the covers as long as I can. It is annoying when my mom opts to differ, saying it's a waste to sleep the whole morning off. She is right in many aspects, I give her that. But then, who can refute the pleasurable under-the-blanket experience?

Someone has said that you live your life by the moments, meaning that if you waste a moment, you're as good as dead then. Someone (my mom) also said that lazing under the blankets is wasting time. But I do not think so. I do not need to get out of bed to prove that I am alive. I can let my mind wonder and wander. I can at the gate of Dreamplace linger longer. I can stay at one place and be around the world at the same time. I can just blink an eye and realize that half an hour just sped past. I can enwrap myself in my realm and notice time whiz by and not affect me. I can feel cold try to discomfort me but just manage to deliciously chill my nose tip. And I can drown out my mom's becks and calls by turning to my other side. And I can drown out the light of the day by pulling the blanket to cover my eyes.

I like to test how long can I capture the warmth, the moist, the comfort, the dark, the womb. It is a domain where I forget my love unto others, my role in this world, my homeworks, my chores, my responsibilities, day's agenda, world peace. I will be in my world, and there will just be I, me, and moi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Dude, did you just throw away the tagboard for a bag of cookies? All my hard work down the drain..tsk tsk.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home