Monday, October 03, 2005

Marriage at Atul's

I was talking about the card game. There were six of us. I lost about 100 bucks. Which is not THAT much. I was anticipating a loss like that. I just did not know I would be due that much so soon :) I lost every hand. In one, I managed to just break even. But that was all.

Which brings me to a hypothesis: around pros, you never get lucky.

But the game was interesting while 'it lasted'. it was fun to see speculations running wild, stratagems to fake the players, and the rival strategies at work.

Card makes fantastic games... it is an interesting tool to employ your mind. That's why there's such thing as addiction to gambling.
Let me illustrate: I believe that every great thing in life has addiction- gambling, alcohol, drugs. NOT because god doesnt want us to indulge, BUT because we havent evolved to that stage where our minds are strong enough. MAYBE drugs are going to be staple diets for the next supreme being after humans (they're coming- haven't you watched The Matrix?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home