Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Blogging from Pokhara

Wish I could carry pocketfuls of air from here to keep a lifelong air supply...

It's weird when I'm staying right in the Lakeside without even enjoying any of the touristy amenities that are situated right there... I haven't even had a chance to go boating in the lake for whoever's sake! And I'm flying back tomorrow, isn't that a shame?

But it's a refreshing change- my lungs are thankful with fresh air and open spaces. I was heard commenting somewhere (not publicly, of course) that Pokhara is much much luckier than KTM in the sense that it was not as populated as the capital when modern concepts like town planning and supportive infrastructures are put into place. I was amazed at the WIDE roads with so low volume of traffic, and these roads take you virtually anywhere. I am afraid this will all be a sad memory when I am back in the city and am stuck at the traffic jam at various places :(

Oh, well! (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home