Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Festival of Lights

Tihar is here already.

Kacophonic Kids are crying 'Bhailiram Bhailiram' downstairs. They're saying 'aakhum bakhum, sel-roti chakhum', but they want money. What should I do?

I was trying to fix those blinking lights on the balcony of our kitchen. But during the process, the blinks drove me crazy- brain's saying too much change in the environment! And I now am feeling nauseous. When I close my eyes, I can still feel the blinks.

I hate putting those oil lamps in our terrace. We get speedy winds from Bagmati river and there are no obstructions in front of our house. By the time I get to my third installment, the first one's light goes out. Like a candle in the wind... you know, it's way too frustrating.

My advice to you: be careful with those lights, you might burn your house down.

I have left the bathroom lights on too just in case goddess Laxmi needs a pee break during her rounds at our home. I'm that considerate. But when exactly does she pay the visit? Coz I might be inside the bathroom, and I dont want her to be crossing her legs in agony.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Gods and goddesses don't pee. There were probably a 1000 episodes of the Mahabharata & Ramayana combined. Did you see one single bathroom scene? Did you see anything resembling a bathroom door in one of those many grand palaces? No, na? There, I proved my point.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home