Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The impatience in him

Know me, she says.

I can't. I'm too impatient, he quips back,
To go through all layers of your skin.

I just do not have time enough.
Or the finesse.
I just like what I see in you.
I do not want to go deep.

I may look pretty,
But I am beautiful inside, she says
Im not layery,
How can you see me?
Your eyes are off-focus.

But I cannot afford to see,
(he tries to make her see)
And I do not deserve your attention.
I am too shifty to your liking.

So how come I am attentive?
To you, as you are to me??

But that is not the issue. See... he begins,
and tells her his personal revelation.
How once an ice cream he was salivating for,
was not salivating for him in return.

Point well-noted of the note well-pointed,
she admits, when he finishes.
Not wishing to wish anymore,
Or say hopeful umms,
She makes her leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home