Sunday, September 04, 2005

Demanagementalizationificationality

Wish I could scoop out this MBA crap out of my brain. Truly, ignorance is bliss, knowledge is amiss. Learning is a pain, earning is a gain. Classes are a pain in the brain.

I haven't learned much on the second year, and I don't think I will. I feel like I am spending time on leisure acts like doodling and killing bugs (hence my quirky blogs).

Ok, we spent about 20 minutes of TQM class today arguing on defining a problem:
SIR: "A problem is the gap between actual state and ideal state"
Someone: what if actual state is higher than ideal state- that would still mean there is a gap. Is THAT also a problem?I could not convince the guy that the ideal state is unattainable. Then the sir put it beautifully: In that case, you have a problem, because you think you're past the ideal state.

Our Financial Institutions teacher: If I ask you whether A is true or B, it can be A or it can be B. But. Then only one answer is right. (Hmm... that does lie 'on the realm of bleeding obvious', to borrow the phrase from John Cleese).

Our MIS teacher:
Explaining the logic AND, OR gates: If a boy enters a door, a boy will come out from the other side. That's like a '1' in the binary. But then if a girl enters a door, and a boy does not come out from the other side, that's like a '0'.
"Information is reduction on uncertainty. Hence, I might come to class, and start whistling (whistles)... and keep on whistling (whistles more). You might venture out, have tea, chat, and come back to class. I might still be whistling (more whistling). Then you might say- I did communicate something, but it was not information."
"After he dropped out of Harvard within a year, why did Bill Gates first go to Alburquerque, New Mexico?"
Our Entrepreneurship teacher: If suddenly a health report comes out and says 'if we do not eat mexican food at least once every month, and then we will have a heed-yak', we will see many mexican restaurants coming up in Kathmandu.

Many a times our discussions revolve around such topics. Yes, people, this is KUSOM.

To keep the records straight though, I am not bright either! But then, that's obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home