Friday, September 02, 2005

Disparate Housewives

I see a lot of analogies between this show and Sex and the City. I guess one strong connection is that both serials theme around women psychologies. One thing I hate is when that White-clad Simi Garewal, gives that intro-promo ad thingy about the show, saying something like it's not just a story of those housewives in the Wisteria Lane. It is the story of all the housewives, even in India. I dont believe she has had to do much housewifing in her life. And that irritatingly soppy Karan Johar throws in the pitch. I hate his movies and his nasal tone. And his hairyness. I guess I'd be right when I say some are closer to our simian ancestors than others. AND as if these bollymonkies need to promote the show. On top of that, those Starworld guys chose these two snobs to do it!

It's a good show, nevertheless. The Suspense-Buildup Management Team scores well. I think I am sympathetic to Bree the most. She does everything so grand, including that seduction for her husband. And she gets hated in return.

My interest is waning, tho. I just don't seem to click with serials. Does that make me a serial killer. (My wiggly forefinger 'talking' to me: Hmm, but this blog is also a series of posts. Is this to say that I am losing interest in all this, that my writing skill is degenerating, or that I will never be 'blogsome'? Am I committing a slow suicide?!!

I saw a couple of episodes of Little Britain. Quirky British comedy, like it says in its promos. The most funny one is that skit in which the woman keeps throwing up on chief guests on formal events.

This has got to be my shortest blogpost. I guess there's got to be a minimum of everything. Watch out for the other extreme!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, what resemblance do u see with desp housewives and sex n the city ... there
is one ... 4 women coming togther to talk/gossip but besides that it's pretty
different isn't it? hey try watching grey's anatomy ... u might like it ... what about law n order?

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home