Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Sinatras

I walked home from Mangalbazar today, listening to Nancy Sinatra. Frank and Nancy sing what I would like to call as mature love songs. Not literally though. Their songs are soused in kiddish romance and rhymey rhythms. What I mean is, it somehow seems the songs are targeted to mature people's ears to remind them that love, although foolish, is the way to go. Or that they know this as the divine truth, and those who disregard it are missing out a lot. Here is a piece from Frank Sinatra's "My Funny Valentine":

Your looks are laughable, unphotographable. Yet you're my favorite work of art.
Is your figure less than Greek, is your mouth a little weak, when you open it to speak, are you smart?

He he... it does not seem to make sense. But it does when it comes out of Frank's mouth.

Here are a few must-listen songs:
Frank: My Way, All the Way, My Funny Valentine, That Old Black Magic, Lets Fall in Love, Let It Snow, Mrs. Robinson, Yesterday, etc.
Nancy: Bang Bang, Fever, Sugar Town, These Boots are Made for Walking, The End, Hit The Road Jack, End of the World, Daytripper, As Tears Go By.
Duo: Something Stupid.

Good listening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home