Sunday, November 13, 2005

Games I Play

Talking about you and me, yeh...
and the games people play.
-some singer
I am physiologically unable to play 3D games. There's invariably a lag in your control of the character of that 3D world and the resultant motion. Ok, that u didnt get, coz I wasnt being effectively expressive. What I meant is, for example, you wanted to make the hero in the game turn left... you do it by using a mouse or a joystick. The lag comes when the game software running in your computer computes the input and then translates the information as showing the left side of the 3D world. The problem is, my brain detects the lag between the input and the motion. Hence, there is a problem in the virtual reality. My brain is confused that what is being projected as a simulated reality has got some problems sooo, the confusion unproductively amasses to nausea and dizziness. :D

You getting bored? Stay a minute more. I was saying... this is why I like simple, arcade-style games. Like 2D Nintendo games- Mario brothers, Donkey Kong etc. By the way, have you played Donkey Kong? It features King Kong. The reason for the game to be called Donkey Kong is so simple that it is hard to believe. The Japanese Nintendo people conceived of the game. King Kong was being translated as 'Monkey Kong', and someone wrote Donkey instead of Monkey. Hence the game. Nevertheless, the game is quite arresting.

In games, my ego comes in the way. I like games that make me feel like a hero. I hate Chess and Bagh Chaal (the one with tigers and goats), because I hate the feeling of getting beaten; and thus, I hate the idea that there's somebody who has a better mental makeup and composure than I do. I abhor (as in, worse than just hate) getting beaten by a younger person for this reason alone, but still you will not find me admitting this fallacy, although I am doing it now.

But then, some games I like passionately enough so that getting beaten is just a minor bump in my ego trip. I like playing scrabble regardless of my rival's capability. The games that find my passion tend to be word plays- crosswords, anagram-based games, Hangmen, etc. I'm even naturally gravitated towards people with puzzling or intriguing facades :) To sum it up, I think I can safely say that I love puzzles. Could it be that it gives a momentary sense of accomplising something in life? It could. All the same, I like puzzles. And I like getting puzzled. I mean, if my prison sentence were to be a choice between a normal prison cell, or a labyrinth of unknown dangers, I would most probably choose the latter. Better some Minotaur's dinner than a vegetable. Hmm, but actually let me reconsider that. On that puzzling assertion, allow me to conclude yet another delivery of silly rambles.

You want more? I got more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home