Sunday, September 11, 2005

Santa Singh's Headgear

You must have seen the turbaned gentleman occasionally biking down the streets of Kupondol. I wish that Santa's turban would fit into a helmet. That way, his head would be safer. Brain is a fragile thing - one crack in the skull and say byebye to Santa-Banta jokes.
So I got the permission from Valley Traffic Police Force (VTPF) to make my design. Take a look. I welcome your critique. I have until Friday to submit the prototype to the VTPF office.


My second project is to design the helmet for a chef. That will not be a big problem, as I will just tweak with the dimensions. And voila! Why would a chef need a custom design in his helmet? So that he can start wearing the hat from his home. No, driving a car won't do, because the heights will not accomodate the hat. No again, if he were to put his head outside the window all the time, the wind will probably blow it away.
My design does not accomodate fancy turbans, like the ones in the pictures on the left. Such turbans require custom-made helmets; also, one will have to make serious sacrifices on the safety metrics.

Still more to come are the custom-made designs for:
1. Dudes with Afros
2. Dogs and cows
3. Babas/Bob Marley look-alikes
4. Margaret Simpson

2 Comments:

Blogger Vidwata said...

I thought their turban doubled up as a safety gear too... Well the head gear the Santa Singh's wear is quite a long piece of cloth. Who knows they are using shock resistant material :D to protect the fragile thing... By the way I was just curious, you can't crack a Sardar's skull after all, because you crack too many jokes on them and they are still going steady!!!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

milandai, that was soo lame.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home