Saturday, December 31, 2005

My feet are heated, but my knees are cold

Ever since my laptop succumbed to death, I have been doomed to sit in front of a desktop in cold, kneecaps and digits frozen.

I had the privilege of watching the Coen brothers' "The Ladykillers". Despite the fact that the movie got an average rating at IMDB, I loved it.

The Coens never cease to amaze me with their comedy lineup. They create this offbeat humor, that unfortunately has a serious undertone.
Their movies that I love:
Raising Arizona- absolutely great one
Intolerable Cruelty
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Fargo
The Man Who Wasnt There

Incidentally, here are a few other blood-related directors who made it big in Hollywood:
The Coen Brothers
The Farelly Brothers (Dumb and Dumber, Shallow Hal, Me, Myself and Irene, There's Something About Mary)
The Wachowski Brothers (Bound, Matrix series)
Francis Ford Coppola (Godfather Trilogy) and Sofia Coppola (Lost in Translation)

Some blood related actors (lets not venture into Bollywood for obvious reasons!):
Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko)
John and Joan Cusack (Grosse Pointe Blank)
Michael and Kirk Douglas

Can u think of any more? I wouldnt call this a mindless exercise, coz I exercized my mind almost fully when I wrote this piece.

So appreciate it and support your local blogger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home