Monday, September 12, 2005

Lumber Slumber

I have had many unpleasant experiences at Budhanilkantha School, including onstage with stunballs and female dresses. It is quite funny when I think of it now, but it was annoying then.
Now, I have been known to be quite proficient when it comes to sleeping. The only reason I would wake up when I had to is for disciplinary compliance. Besides, I would miss breakfast, which is the only meal I liked at school.
What can I say? I just like to sleep. I have slept as much as 14 hours straight. Also, I sleep real deep - 'like a log'. So the boys would play pranks on me, as they would on anything and everything unusual. During 'lights off' hours, a group of assailants would carry my bed out from the dorm room to the corridor. I of course would be sleeping the whole time. In the morning, the sound of shuffling feet would stir me awake. The boys would be heading towards the bathroom (which was at the other end of the corridor) . My half-lidded eyes would vaguely make out nightsuit-clad hands clutching toothbrushes.
Sometimes I would manage to wake up during the 'heist'. But that would happen only when a particular perpetrator, who has a high-pitched laughter, could not control himself. I would holler until they all scram. But I would be too comfortable to get off the bed and drag it all the way to its original place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Only 14 hours? Beat 18!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home